Mission & Vision
Utah Catholic Schools provide a Christ-centered inclusive environment dedicated to faith formation, academic excellence and the individual growth of our students. The Utah Catholic Schools office provides leadership, service and support to the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Salt Lake City.
Why Utah Parents choose Catholic Schools
1. We offer a FAITH-CENTERED EDUCATION that combines ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE with CHRISTIAN VALUES.
2. We set HIGH STANDARDS for student achievement and use TECHNOLOGY EFFECTIVELY to enhance the educational experience.
3. We PARTNER WITH PARENTS in faith formation of their children and seek to DEVELOP THE WHOLE CHILD IN THE IMAGE OF CHRIST.
4. We FOSTER A SAFE and WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT that is inclusive of ALL ETHNIC and FAITH BACKGROUNDS.
5. We CREATE A STRONG SENSE OF COMMUNITY among STUDENTS, PARENTS, TEACHERS and PARISHES.
6. We INSTILL in students the VALUE OF SERVICE TO OTHERS and PREPARE THEM to be PRODUCTIVE CITIZENS and FUTURE LEADERS.
7. We CULTIVATE a CARING and EFFECTIVE FACULTY and STAFF who integrate CHRISTIAN VALUES into the curriculum.
8. We PROVIDE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO FAMILIES IN NEED.
The Utah Catholic School system spans throughout Salt Lake, Weber, Davis and Tooele Counties. It includes 13 parish elementary and middle schools, 9 early childhood learning centers, and 3 high schools. Schools are located in the cities of Ogden, Bountiful, Salt Lake, Holladay, Kearns, Riverton, Sandy, Draper and Tooele.
All schools are accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association. In addition, our high schools are also accredited by AdvancED. Schools are re-accredited every six years to ensure they are providing the best environment for academic growth and faith formation for all students.
We welcome non-Catholics into our schools and our spiritual community. 30.6% of our students are non-Catholic.
Utah Catholic Schools are rich with diversity with 30% of the students representing different nationalities.
The Utah Catholic School system has a tradition of educating students at the highest level with 98% college bound and millions of dollars in college academic scholarships given to graduates.