- Respect for Life
- Life Issues
- Calendar: Liturgies and Events
- Starting a Parish Respect for Life Ministry?
- Ideas for Parish Respect for Life Ministries (current)
- Public Policy/Call to Action
- Walking with Moms in Need
- La Coalición Hispana Por La Vida
- Hope and Healing after Abortion: Project Rachel
- End of Life Concerns
- Support for Marriage and Family
- Commission Members
Ideas for Respect for Life Ministries
The USCCB prepares Action Guides each year to help us integrate respect for human life into our ministries.
The Four Core Foundations of Respect for Life:
- Prayer and Worship
- Pastoral Care for Women
- Public Information and Education
- Public Policy
In our parish, we:
Formed a Spiritual Adoption Program
Celebrated a Respect for Life Mass
Prayed the Rosary for the Month of October
Set up a Diaper Drive for our local Pregnancy Resource Center
Found ways to connect service activities with the liturgical season. One example: on Holy Thursday, parishoners donated new towels that were brought to a homeless shelter in need.
Set up a minstry for the homebound/shut-ins. We placed an ad in the parish bulletin to reach out to our parishioners. We formed a team, made phone calls and visits, and helped out with their needs.
Set up a workshop on adoption and foster care
Created an end of life forum
Presented an educational evening on bioethics topics