“However dark things are, goodness always re-emerges…human beings have arisen time after
time from situations that seemed doomed. Such is the power of the resurrection, and all who
evangelize are instruments of that power.” (The Joy of the Gospel – Pope Francis)
Prayer For Healing
A Prayer for Healing Victims of Abuse
God of endless love,
ever caring, ever strong,
always present, always just:
You gave your only Son
to save us by his blood on the cross.
Gentle Jesus, shepherd of peace,
join to your own suffering
the pain of all who have been hurt
in body, mind, and spirit
by those who betrayed the trust placed in them.
Hear the cries of our brothers and sisters
who have been gravely harmed,
and the cries of those who love them.
Soothe their restless hearts with hope,
steady their shaken spirits with faith.
Grant them justice for their cause,
enlightened by your truth.
Holy Spirit, comforter of hearts,
heal your people’s wounds
and transform brokenness into wholeness.
Grant us the courage and wisdom,
humility and grace, to act with justice.
Breathe wisdom into our prayers and labors.
Grant that all harmed by abuse may find peace in justice.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.
Copyright © 2014, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Washington, DC. All rights reserved.
To order publication no. 7-495, visit usccbpublishing.org or call 877-978-0757
Also available as downloadable PDFs
- Prayer Card (Bilingual English/Spanish)
Rosary for Healing
Pray the Rosary for Healing & Protection created by the USCCB Secretariat of Child and Youth Protection.
Prayers of the Faithful
Child Abuse Prevention Month - Prayers of the Faithful
- We pray for the Holy Spirit to guide Church leaders as they promote justice and
healing for victims and survivors of abuse.
- We pray for our Holy Father, that he may fulfill his role as good shepherd, and
protect the most vulnerable in his flock.
- May all civic leaders act in ways that show their commitment to the protection of
all, especially children and young people.
- May all who work with children and young people be vigilant in protecting them
- We pray that all families strive to provide safe and nurturing environments for
children and young people.
- May those who have been abused experience Christ’s profound love for them
and God’s healing grace.
- May God the Merciful Father bring comfort and healing to victims and survivors
of sexual abuse within the Church.
- We pray that all who provide help for the abused may act with wisdom and
compassion in their healing ministries.
- We pray that God may grant those affected by abuse in anyway the courage to tell
their story and seek healing.
- May all priests and religious, through their teaching and witness, lead children
and young people to holiness.
- We pray that the bishops continue to carry out their promise to protect, and
pledge to heal, the most vulnerable in their dioceses.
- We pray that all parish communities affected by abuse find healing and
reconciliation through the Blessed Virgin Mary.